PATH Inc. (People Against Trafficking Humans) is seeking a Youth Program Counselor/Social Worker to work with youth who have experienced trauma and exploitation. The successful candidate will:
- Provide individual counseling, client-based advocacy services, and case management to youth ages 13-19, addressing crisis, safety, stabilization, trauma, assault, coping strategies, and addiction recovery.
- Develop and facilitate therapeutic support groups.
- Conduct outreach and community development with schools and in other youth settings about the issue of human trafficking through educational trainings and speaking engagements.
- Work closely with law enforcement, court, schools, and families.
- Track and input client data used for various grant applications.
- Maintain regular case documentation.
- Utilize agency-provided vehicle to provide transportation to and from PATH or other providers as needed for clients.
- MS/MA in the area of social work, mental health, addictions or human services
- Experience in providing direct services with youth who have experienced assault, trauma, or trafficking
- Strong project management and documentation skills, including the ability to work independently, assess priorities, take initiative, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to network and maintain strong relationships with governmental and community partner agencies.
- Comfortable working in a faith-based organization.
This is an hourly position and the successful candidate can choose to work 4 or 5 days per week (30-40 hours), and will be required to work 11 AM until 7 PM on two days each week. Other benefits include contribution toward health insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, and $1,000 sign on bonus! Clinical supervision is available for those who are looking to continue their education/certification status.
The PATH Enrichment Center, located at 999 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, is a safe place offering support services to adults and youth at risk or affected by human trafficking, addressing the whole person, physically, emotionally and spiritually. We have a friendly, team oriented staff and provide a warm environment to engage with each person we serve on a relational, caring level. Visit us online at www.pathofwny.org.
Cover letter and resume to resumes@goldhawkHR.com.